The perfect snack for the middle of the night.
Here’s what you will need for an awesome late-night snack.
A cast iron pan or girdle
1/2 cup of Mozzarella
1/2 cup of cheddar cheese
1 cup of cooked shredded chicken breast
1/4 cup of chopped onion (you can use fewer onions if you want to.)
1 tsp of chicken bouillon
(4) 6-inch tortillas
- Place your cast iron/girdle over medium heat and let it warm up.
- Then place a tortilla on your cast iron and let it warm gradually on one side before flipping it over. This should take 30 seconds.
- Once flipped, take 1/4 of your cheese and create an even layer on the tortilla.
- Add half the onions, chicken, and bouillon seasoning in each layer.
- Finish off by adding 1/4 of the cheese and tortilla.
- Flip over the tortilla and let it cook for 1 minute.
- Press the top down with a spatula and remove it from the cast iron.
- Turn down your fire to low, and repeat the process.
- When you are finished, cut it into tiny triangles and enjoy.
Warm your quesadillas before you start, and make your abuela proud.
Be careful when you flip it.
You can change out the meat and add other ingredients if you want to.
Quesadillas don’t have to be perfect, so enjoy the messiness of a midnight snack.
If you want to know more about my work, check out my latest poetry collection.