Tomato Season is over, but that doesn’t mean you should give up that rich flavor.
Spicy oven-dried tomatoes are more than just a topping on your salad. They can add flavor to your roast dish, pizzazz to your pasta, and much more.
3-Ingredient Spicy Oven-Dried Tomatoes
Here’s my favorite recipe for spicy oven-dried tomatoes; you just need three ingredients.
- Tomatoes (Cherry or Roma Tomatoes)
- Red crushed chili flakes.
- Wash your tomatoes and pat dry them with paper towels or a dish cloth.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and place them in a large bowl.
- Set oven to 150 degrees Farenheight
- In a spice grinder, add the salt and red crushed flakes and blend until coarse.
- Sprinkle the mixture over the tomatoes and toss gently.
- Place on a tray without overlapping and put it in the oven for 6 hours.
- Check after 3 hours and turn.
- When the tomatoes are done, they should be firm to the touch and without moisture.
- Store in a cool, dry place for up to 4 weeks.
Please note that the type of tomato you use will need different baking times.
You can also use a dehydrator for the task.
If you want to know more about my work, check out my latest poetry collection.