It is International Women’s Day all around the world today, and I am happy! I love celebrating people and their achievements; it makes me happy when they overcome their obstacles.
So what should we do? How do you celebrate the women in your life? Obviously, I don’t mean the people who have mistreated you or those who continue to disrespect you. How do you celebrate the women who positively inspire you?
Do you send them cards? Thanking them for all the love and support that they have shown you over the years. Or maybe you take them to unique places creating memories that will last a lifetime?
Here are a few fun ideas to help you celebrate the women in your life.
- Give them a call and let them know you appreciate them.
- Send a sweet text message.
- Make them breakfast.
- Take them out for a meal.
- Go and volunteer with them at their favorite charity.
- Give them a big hug.
- Tell them a joke (hopefully, it’s punny).
- Create an art project with them.
- Dance to their favorite music.
- Ask them how you can make their day better.
I hope you celebrate women in all their beauty and uniqueness, let them know that they are loved, no matter how old, or young they may be. I’ll spend the day making my mom and sister know that I appreciate them for who they are in my life.
If you want to know more about my work, check out my latest poetry collection.