December came and went in a blur of emotions, empty gift bags, and the uncontrollable feeling that I am slowing moving towards the abyss of thinking- vast and unknown. Looking back at it all, I find myself happy that it’s over. I did not decorate for Christmas this year; no one got presents, I got angry phone calls asking about “Where’s my Christmas card?!?!!” I was tempted to hang up and let them remember the reason for the season was not necessarily receiving gifts but the beautiful moments we get to spend together as a family and friends. I didn’t hang up, but there may be a card in the mail in February to throw some gas on the fire.
As you can tell, December was stressful. However, you may have been unable to see the progress made on what I want to be and where I want to go. That’s the crazy thing; there is no one to congratulate you in these moments. You overcome something huge like self-doubt and finally start going after your dreams. Good job. Take the time to celebrate your success. Here are a few things I am happy about from December.
- My podcast came back, and people seem to like it.
- I wrote a few poems that made me cry and think that maybe I have talent.
- I overate on Tikka Masala, and I don’t regret it one bit.
- The blog got 588 views. This small number might not seem like a lot, but it made my day when I saw it.
But we didn’t reach all of our goals.
- We were 60+ followers from having 500 followers for the blog.
- The revamping wasn’t as exciting as I thought. I want to go back to the old format.
- I need to change the format of weekly blogs.
Well, it’s a new year, and I look forward to the things that will change.
As always, my friends, stay healthy, stay happy, and keep moving forward.