It’s the week of Christmas, and all through the house, not a single present was bought, not even a mouse. Happy Sunday! Yes, I said it. I have yet to buy Christmas presents, the house only has a Christmas card from our realtor, and I have no idea what we are doing for Christmas dinner. I don’t know if this is stressful, but I feel as if I have just stressed some of you all out way too much.
But, this isn’t about me, it’s about you. How are you holding up?
Are you spending entirely too much money on presents?
Are you stressed?
Tis’ the season after all, now what you probably need to do is take a bubble bath. Relax and unwind. Maybe drink a glass of wine and read a book in a fluffy bathrobe. Sounds divine. Please, for you, me, and the rest of us, DO NOT let this holiday season stress you out and drive you deeper in debt.
Here are a few ways you can feel the zen today.
- If you like to go to church, go. Take the load off.
- Cuddle up with a book by the fireplace and enjoy the cold weather.
- Eat good food, something that is both healthy and delicious.
- Buy yourself a small present; you made it this far; you might as well celebrate.
- Drink some hot chocolate with marshmallows.
- Bake a few cookies with friends.
Remember that this season is about love, giving, and baby Jesus, well it is for me. I wish you a relaxing week, with family pictures of all your children facing the right directions.
If you want to know more about my work, check out my latest poetry collection.