There are plenty of chicken recipes to be obsessed with and for a good reason. Chicken is delicious, versatile, and can be a good source of protein, but cooking chicken recipes 5-days a week can be a bore. That’s why I am a massive fan of this Spicy Parmesan Baked Chicken recipe. It takes simple ingredients and creates something extraordinary; that’s packed with flavor.
This recipe uses ten ingredients, and spice is a crucial component of bringing out the natural juiciness of the chicken. Providing a layer around the chicken is what makes it so tender when you slice into it. Gosh, just talking about it makes me hungry!
This recipe follows my belief that food should taste good and be healthy for you. You can pair it with a nice glass of white wine, think of your favorite crisp wines; it would enhance the flavor even more after a sip. A warm bowl of jasmine rice or fettuccine topped with your favorite tomato sauce would work well with the overall level of spice of the dish. Or switch it up and serve with delicious coleslaw, YUM!
- 2lbs of skinless chicken breast (thawed)
- 3/4 cup of Mayo
- 1/2 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp of Sriracha
- 1/2 tsp of salt (divided)
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper (divided)
- 1 tsp of red crushed chili flakes
- 1 tsp of garlic powder (divided)
- 1/4 tsp of smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup of bread crumbs
- Pat-dry the chicken breast with paper towels and slice horizontally to 1/2 inch thickness. Placing them face up on a flat surface. (A tray or plate works great for a flat surface.)
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 tsp of garlic powder, 1/4 tsp of salt, and black pepper and rub on chicken and set aside for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit; remember to remove everything from the oven before you turn it on.
- Combine the remaining spices, sriracha, and mayo into a bowl and let chill for 10 minutes.
- Using a spoon, place a spoonful of the mixture on each piece of chicken, you can use the back of your spoon or your hands to massage the mixture into the chicken. Flip and repeat.
- Sprinkle the bread crumbs on each side of the chicken.
- Place a wire rack on the top of your tray, spray with olive oil or use a brush to grease the rack thoroughly. (If you don’t have a wire rack, then, a tray works remember to flip the chicken halfway.)
- Place the chicken on the wire rack and let it bake for 30 minutes; you can flip at the 15-minute mark of even crispiness. Bake until golden.
- Remove from the oven when the timer goes off, let it cool for 10 minutes. You can slice your chicken and serve it with a salad or with some rice, topped with a red pesto sauce.
- Enjoy your hard work.
As always, my friends, stay healthy, stay happy, and keep moving forward.