I am a huge fan of banana nut bread. I love bananas, calories, nuts, and the few pounds that I will gain from over indulging in one too many bites.
A few months ago, I had the honor or dishonor to go on a gluten-free diet. It was awful and I am sure those whose only choice is to bite the bullet and avoid gluten. It’s always good to have options when going gluten-free.
I came up with this recipe after a few trials and it is so delicious. I love how the flavors just mix together and give it a smooth texture. All the ingredients add something unique and delicious to the recipe and I am truly proud to share it with you.
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1 tsp of vanilla extract
3/4 cup of coconut flour
2 ripe bananas
1/4 tsp salt
5 eggs (Or egg substitutes)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp of baking powder
1/4 cup of butter
1/4 cup of coconut cream
1/8 cup of poppy seeds (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit .
- In a small bowl sift all of your dry ingredients together.
- In another small bowl mash the bananas until they become a smooth paste.
- Add the eggs to the bowl with bananas and mix well.
- Mix in the butter, coconut cream, and vanilla extract until it’s blended together.
- Line a bread pan with parchment paper and pour the batter into the pan while spreading it out with a spoon. You can add the poppy seeds to the top here if you decide to.
- Back for 35-40 minutes, checking with a toothpick to see if it’s finish.
- It the toothpick is still wet, bake for 15 more minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Enjoy your hard work rock star!
You can substitute coconut cream for coconut milk.