How are you doing on this lovely day? For the last two weeks, I have had the pleasure of learning and experimenting with mint leaves. Initially, I bought a mint plant to support my mojito cravings, but it soon became the source of my mint tea.
While I have been drinking mint tea for a long time now, I have often wonder what are the benefits of just regular mint water. So I took to the great fountain of information and weeded out the conspiracy from the statements supported by research and a knack for curiosity.
Helps to soothe fevers and combats the common cold/flu
Treats bad breath
Helps prevent/reduce nausea
20 oz of cold water
1/2 cup of freshly cut mint, trimmed and rinsed
- In a large jug place your mint leaves at the bottom.
- Slice your lemon/lime into 5 thin slices and place in the bottom of your jug.
- Pour the cold water over the leaves and slices and place in the fridge for an hour
- After the water is infuse, drink to your heart’s content.
- High five, Rock star! You did it.
As always my friends, stay happy, stay healthy, and keep moving forward.