There is a fine line between a smoothie and a cocktail. A line that I cross every week with no regret.
With all the delicious food out there and the addition of suitable alcohol, it makes me eager to create something fruity and delicious.
Sure, I could always make some pastry and gain five pounds, but I rather take my gains in liquid form, thank you very much.
This cocktail, we created on the second try. It’s a big batch where you don’t really taste the alcohol and will probably end up face down in a corner after a few rounds. Don’t worry, you won’t regret the flavor.
This recipe is perfect for a mid-week pick-me-up, as long as you only have one and leave the rest for the weekend.
We chose peach because it was easy to find in the frozen fruit section and we wanted to do some baking later this week. We also decided to add ginger to give it a kick, of course, we used Don Julio as our poison of choice. Don Julio is ridiculously smooth and has a great flavor for a cocktail. For our purpose of more consistent color, we chose Blanco.
1 cup of frozen peaches
⅓ oz of Don Julio Blanco
1 tsp of chopped ginger
½ cup of strawberries
1 cup of cranberry juice
1 tbsp of lemon juice
Mint sprig for garnishing (Optional)
- In a medium-size blender, add the cranberry juice and strawberry.
- Blend until the mixture has reached your desired texture.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients and blend completely.
- In a small cocktail glass, pour the mixture and garnish with a mint leaf or lemon slice.
- Way to go, hotshot, you can go ahead and drink to your heart’s content.