Did you know that I love bread?
Well, I do and while I have been on the journey to make my own delicious bread, unfortunately, I have yet to succeed. The bread I make so far is definitely edible and it tastes good in a sandwich but I am just not interested as just good. I want this bread of mine to be delicious and so good you want to eat the entire loaf in one sitting.
So, I took a break to come up with a delicious garlic bread recipe that has two versions and can be used with your favorite bread. And if you have mastered the art of homemade bread then please come rescue me from this cycle of too much bread.
I can guarantee you that I will gain five pounds from just sampling alone and that’s just how my body works. I have made peace with this fact and that is why I workout. I may actually be posting some of my workouts on here in the near future so you guys can follow along.
But let’s get back to the topic, I used french bread for this recipe because it is like my third or fourth love. I can’t seem to decide if I love alcohol or chocolate more. These are the decisions that keep me awake at night and it has nothing to do with insomnia.
Now bread, yes bread is like a new crush with butterflies and all! And oh my goodness!
I’ll just get to the recipe and stop being a goof.
5 cloves of garlic finely minced (or use 2 tsp of garlic powder)
1 1/2 tbsp of olive oil
1 tsp of Italian seasoning
1/2 loaf of French Bread
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup of melted butter
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl mix the garlic and salt together until they have become a paste.
- Lightly stir in the 1 tbsp of olive oil, butter, and Italian Seasoning.
- Slice the bread into 1 in slices and lay them out on a large baking sheet.
- Use a spoon to lightly spoon out the mixture onto each piece of bread.
- With the back of the spoon, spread it out as evenly as possible.
- Take the remaining olive oil and drizzle it over the bread.
- Raise the oven temperature to 300 degrees Fahrenheit and place tray with garlic bread into the oven.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the bread has the color you would like.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Serve with your favorite pasta or enjoy by itself.
- Great Job!