Hello one and all!
It’s a new week so how about a new detox. Now if you have found a detox that already works for you, stick to it. We believe that finding the right type of food that works for your body is key. Our favorite detox so far is a flavorful detox with turmeric and plenty of spice.
Why do we like this one so much, well for starters it works. After one cup of tea can have us feeling good for up to 3 days later. If we start to feel bloated or constipated then we just drink 1/4 cup of this with hot water and honey.
But this post is not about us, it’s about you. This detox gives you the rich flavor of beets with the lovely spice of cinnamon and ginger. You can also add a few slices of lemons if you want to. Beets are a great source of fiber, vitamin C and other nutrients. Beets come with a few calories and it has been proven to help athletic performance and may help you lose weight when incorporating this into your diet.
Did I mention that it’s delicious? Because it really is. Later on this week we’ll post a beet recipe that is absolutely delicious. So make sure to come back and visit us.
You are probably waiting for a beet joke, right? Well ……………….. Yeah, I got nothing that’s appropriate for all audiences. So I will keep it to myself and snicker. Now on to this delicious detox, let’s go, Watson!
Note of Caution
If you have kidney disease then you should not try this detox as beets can make your kidney disease worse.
Women nursing or pregnant should not consume a large number of beets, while tests do show that it can cause abnormalities in mice it has not proven to cause abnormalities with the development of your child. For your own safety please stick to a normal amount of beet intake each week.
Your stool will come out a dark pink color when beets are added to your diet. Take note that this is completely normal and your stool will return to its normal color within a few days.
If you have diabetes then please do not take this detox due to the amount of cinnamon in it, there is a possibility that it will lower your blood sugar. This may have a negative interaction with your medication.
2 cup of peeled and diced beets
2 tsp of cinnamon
4 cups of water
1/2 cup of ginger chopped.
- Place a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the water and bring to a boil.
- Add the ginger and let it boil for 5 minutes.
- Add the beets and cinnamon to the pots.
- Let it boil for 15 minutes.
- When the detox is done boiling remove it from the fire and let sit until cool.
- Remove the ginger and beets from the pot and place in a blender.
- Add one cup of the detox and blend until smooth.
- Add the mixture back to the pot and stir.
- Once the mixture is fully combined then you can either remove the waste or keep it in for flavor.
- To drink use 1/4 cup of detox and add 1 cup of hot water, lemon slices, and honey.